- Business Agriculture
- Taxes Finance
- Visiting Playing
- Family Health
Indiana Department of Revenue
I Want To.
First slide details. Current Slide Second slide details.
- About Us
- Electronic Services
- File Individual Income Taxes Online
- Current: INfreefile
Nearly 2 million Hoosier taxpayers will qualify for Indiana freefile! Are you one?
- Fast refunds
- Easy-to-use professional software
- Both federal and state tax filing
See if you qualify to file income tax returns for free.
- Review the offers from the vendors listed below.
- If you think you qualify for one or more of them based on your 2016 income, select a vendor of your choice by clicking on its logo.
- Once you select your vendor, you will be redirected to the vendor’s website to begin your return.
- It’s that simple!
- To ensure you can file both your federal and state return for free, access these Free File products from this page.
- Read our Indiana freefile FAQ here.
OLT Online Taxes: Free federal and state online tax preparation and e-filing if your federal adjusted gross income is between $13,000 and $64,000, regardless of age.
1040NOW: Free federal and Indiana tax preparation and e-file for all who live in Indiana with an adjusted gross income of $32,000 or less. This offer is limited to three (3) free tax returns per computer.
H R Block: Free federal and state returns if your adjusted gross income was $64,000 or less and you are between the ages of 17 and 50 or were active duty military.
TaxAct: Free federal and state returns if, your adjusted gross income is $52,000 or less, and you are:
- Age 56 or younger; or
- Eligible for the Earned Income Tax Credit; or
- Active military with an adjusted gross income of $64,000 or less.
Intuit TurboTax: Free federal and state tax returns and tax extensions for:
- Any taxpayer with adjusted gross income of $33,000 or less
- Any active duty military member with an adjusted gross income of $64,000 or less (including reservists and national guard)
- Any taxpayer eligible for the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC)
FreeTaxUSA.com: Free federal and state returns to eligible Indiana taxpayers who meet the following requirements:
- Federal adjusted gross income of $51,000 or less; and
- Between the ages of 17 and 60 as of December 31, 2016; or
- Active duty military with an adjusted gross income of $64,000 or less