File Your Income Tax Return for AY 2017-18
File Your Income Tax Return for AY 2017-18: The last date of filing Income Tax Returns for individual salaried employees is 31 st July 2017 for assessment year 2017-18. The CBDT has take number of steps for hassle free e-filing of Income Tax Return in this year. In case of individual assessee the e-filing of return is so simple that they can file their own Income Tax return FREE OF COST by using income tax department utility available at website https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in. For this purpose income tax department made available following step to step guide to file income tax returns:
The Income Tax Department made available each type of free utilities to self filing of Return. Still you feel need of assistance of tax experts in filing your return, the TaxIndiaUpdates and its team of expert would help you to file your return. Go through the following popular posts of TaxIndiaUpdates which you may find helpful in e-filing of return:
Check List for Individual Assessee for Filing Income Tax Return
- Copy of PAN card or Copy of Last Year Return
- All Bank account including joint banks account
- FORM 26AS (Tax Statement) and copies of Advance Tax/Self Assessment Payment challans
- Form 16 / Salary Certificate (downloaded from TRACE) received from the Employer
- Details of Rental Income House Property, Interest certificate issued by bank for housing loan, Rent Paid Details in case resides in rented house.
- Details of Capital Gains on Shares Securities, Land Buildings etc.
- Stock statement in case of trading in shares etc. (specifying sale and purchase value of shares)
- Details of investment in Capital Gains Accounts Scheme
- Bank Passbook/Statement or interest income certificate (Both SB interest and FDR)
- PPF passbook for interest Deposited Fund during the previous year
- Dividend warrants/amount
- Details of accrued interest on NSC during the year.
- Details of other income such as interest from parties, income from winning of lottery, horse races etc.
- Life and medical insurance payment receipts
- Fixed deposit receipts (eligiable for section 80C)
- Repayment certificate for housing loan
- Deposit receipts for senior citizen saving scheme.
- Tuition fees receipts of children
- Copies of donation receipts containing PAN of donnee (for section 80G)
- Any other tax saving investment receipts/proof
The above list is suggestive and may be change according to facts of assessee to assessee.
E-filing of Income Tax Returns for A.Y. 2017-18
Recently CBDT has Notified New Income Tax Return Forms for A Y 2017-18 vide its Notification No. 21/2017, Dated: March 30, 2017. These forms (Form Sahaj (ITR-1), ITR-2, ITR-2A, ITR-3, Sugam (ITR-4S),ITR-4, ITR-5, ITR-6, ITR-7 and ITR-V) are available for download from website of department.
From this year Quoting of Aadhaar / Enrolment ID of Aadhaar application form is made mandatory for filing of return of income and for making an application for allotment of Permanent Account Number with effect from 1st July, 2017. For details. Refer Press Release
Read: Income Tax Rates Chart for AY 2017-18
E-filing of Income Tax Returns for AY 2017-18 also started at www. incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in and E-filing website ready to accept return for AY 2017-18. Return filing website made fully operational for taxpayers to file their I-T returns for assessment year 2017-18. The Income Tax Returns (ITRs) can be filed and submitted at the official website www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in. Taxpayers are advised to update their profile and select higher security option to secure their e-filing account. ITR 1, ITR 2, ITR 2A, ITR 3, ITR 4S, ITR 4, ITR 5, ITR-6 and ITR-7 for AY 2017-18 are now available for E-filing :
Income Tax Return Utility Downloads for AY 2017-18
For Individuals having Income from Salary Interest.
For Individuals HUFs not having Income from Business or Profession
For Individuals HUFs not having Income from Business or Profession and Capital Gains and who do not hold foreign assets
For Individuals/HUFs being partners in firms and not carrying out business or profession under any proprietorship
For Individuals HUFs having income from a proprietory business or profession
For persons other than,- (i) individual, (ii) HUF, (iii) company and (iv) person filing ITR-7
For Companies other than companies claiming exemption under section 11
For persons including companies required to furnish return under sections 139(4A) or 139(4B) or 139(4C) or 139(4D) or 139(4E) or 139(4F)
Java Utility of ITR Forms for AY 2017-18
In order to end the trouble of sending paper-based acknowledgement of e-filed Income Tax Returns (ITRs), the CBDT has already initiated to send a one-time password (OTP) on taxpayers mobile phones which will be valid for 24-hours after getting verified from the Aadhaar database. File Income Tax Return Just in Rs.399/-.
Updates Information For e-filing of income tax return for AY 2017-18: www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in
- 16/05/2017: Vide Notification No.37/2017, Central Government exempts certain Individuals from Quoting Aadhaar Number or Enrolment ID from 1st July,2017 . For details click here
- 11/05/2017: Press release on PAN Aadhaar linkage
- 10/05/2017: The Income Tax Department has made it easy for taxpayers to link their PAN with Aadhaar. Just click on the link on the left pane- Link Aadhaar. Provide PAN, Aadhaar no. and ENTER NAME EXACTLY AS GIVEN IN AADHAAR CARD (avoid spelling mistakes) and submit. After verification from UIDAI, the linking will be confirmed. In case of any minor mismatch in Aadhaar name provided, Aadhaar OTP will be required. Please ensure that the date of birth and gender in PAN and Aadhaar are exactly same. There is no need to login or be registered on E-filing website. This facility can be used by anyone to link their Aadhaar with PAN.
- Quoting of Aadhaar / Enrolment ID of Aadhaar application form is made mandatory for filing of return of income and for making an application for allotment of Permanent Account Number with effect from 1st July, 2017. For details. Refer Press Release
- The net direct tax collections up to March, 2017 are at Rs. 8.47 lakh crore which is 14.2% higher than the net collections for the corresponding period last year. For details. Refer Press Release
- CBDT has Notified Rule 127A of Income Tax Rules 1962 relating to Authentication of notices and other documents. For details click here
- Directorate of Systems has notified the Procedure, Formats and Standards for ensuring secured transmission of electronic communication between the Income Tax Department and Assessee for enabling E-Proceeding. For details click here
- ITR 1 and ITR 4 for AY 2017-18 are now available for e-Filing. Other ITRs will be available shortly. Refer Press Release