Help on a low income – Citizens Advice, low income.#Low #income

by ,

Help on a low income

Find out what help you can get if you are on a low income.

This could be help with living costs, rent, council tax, free prescriptions or school meals. For emergency expenses, there are one off payments from the Social Fund or from a welfare assistance scheme.

Housing Benefit

Working and child tax credits

Find out if you can get working or child tax credits and how to claim. If you have a tax credits overpayment find out how to challenge the decision.

Jobseeker s Allowance (JSA)

Check if you can get JSA – and how much you could get – while you look for a full-time job. If your JSA has stopped or been reduced, find out how to challenge the decision.

Income Support

Find out if you can get Income Support and how much you could get. If your Income Support has stopped or you have an overpayment, find out how to challenge the decision.

Help with your Council Tax – Council Tax Reduction

Extra help if you’re on benefits or your benefits have stopped

Extra help you could get if your benefit payments aren’t giving you enough to live on or have stopped. Find out how to apply for help from your local council or an interest-free budgeting loan.

Using a food bank

How to get emergency food from a food bank.



Resources and tools

More from us

About Citizens Advice

Low income

Low incomeCopyright © Citizens Advice. All rights reserved.

Citizens Advice is an operating name of the National Association of Citizens Advice Bureaux. Registered charity number 279057

VAT number 726 0202 76 Company limited by guarantee. Registered number 1436945 England

Registered office: Citizens Advice, 3rd Floor North, 200 Aldersgate, London, EC1A 4HD

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *