Income Protection Insurance
We all rely on our incomes to pay the bills and care for our families. If you got sick or injured and couldn’t work, would you be able to support yourself and your family while you recover? NRMA Income Protection helps protect you or your family’s financial security, with a regular monthly payment if you are unable to work due to sickness or injury.
- Cover for up to 85% of your pre-tax income paid monthly up to $10,000 a month depending on your cover type if you are unable to work due to sickness or injury
- All Australian residents aged 18-60 can get cover with our online quote or over the phone on 132 825 between 8am and 8pm (AEST), Monday to Friday
- Choice to extend your cover to include optional covers such as Involuntary Unemployment Cover, Kids Injury Cover, Holiday Injury Cover or Permanent Disability Cover
- If you’re already an NRMA Insurance policyholder you’ll get an extra 5% discount on your premiums
- When you take out an Income Protection policy and choose to pay annually you will get one month cover free every year
- You can add your spouse or partner to your NRMA Income Protection policy and get a 5% discount on your premiums
- You can rely on the financial strength and security of a policy supported by NRMA Insurance, one of Australia’s most trusted insurers, and TAL Life, Australia’s leading specialist life insurer
- Kids Injury Cover – Receive a lump-sum payment of between $1,000 and $50,000 if your child suffers one of a number of common childhood injuries or impairments, so you can give the care they need without worrying about the cost.
- Permanent Disability Cover – Receive a lump-sum payment of $50,000 to $500,000 if you become permanently disabled, to help you pay for the cost of long term care, for example.
- Involuntary Unemployment Cover * – Receive up to three months of payments while you look for work, if:
- You’re made redundant from a full-time job, or you’re self-employed and your business becomes insolvent
- You’ve had Involuntary Unemployment Cover for at least six months
* Involuntary Unemployment Cover is generally available if you are working on a permanent basis for 30 hours or more per week. You can choose to opt out of this cover to reduce the cost of your premiums. If you change your mind later, you can add it at any time, provided you meet the eligibility requirements.
Making a claim
Call us on 132 825 or download a Claim Form
Our commitment to the Life Insurance Code of Practice
We fully support the work of the Financial Services Council in lifting the standards of insurer practices across the Life Insurance industry. We’re committed to providing our customers with the best possible customer service standards. Find out more about our commitment to the Life Insurance Code of Practice
The information on this website about NRMA Income Protection is general advice only and does not take into account your personal financial situation, needs or objectives. You should consider the Product Disclosure Statement and Financial Services Guide and your own circumstances before deciding to purchase or to continue to hold NRMA Income Protection. NRMA Income Protection is promoted by IAL Life Pty Limited ABN 15 137 509 936 an Authorised Representative (AR No. 427847) of TAL Direct Pty Limited ABN 39 084 666 017 AFSL 243260. NRMA Income Protection is issued by TAL Life Limited ABN 70 050 109 450 AFSL 237848 (except for Involuntary Unemployment Cover which is issued by St Andrew’s Insurance (Australia) Pty Ltd ABN 89 075 044 656 AFSL 239649). IAL Life Pty Limited is a subsidiary of Insurance Australia Limited ABN 11 000 016 722 trading as NRMA Insurance. All life insurance information on this website is provided by TAL Direct Pty Limited and IAL Life Pty Limited.
Why choose NRMA Insurance?
NRMA Income Protection offers you peace of mind, with:
- One of the highest levels of cover online or over the phone — up to $10,000 a month depending on your cover type
- Payout periods up to five years
- Cover options for all Australian residents aged 18-60 including those who traditionally cannot get income protection
- Other great optional extras you can add to your policy