Income Support Contact Number
The Income Support helpline can be contacted by phone: Open Monday-Friday 8:00 AM-6:00 PM.
Income Support Telephone Helpline Hours
The Income Support phone number is available to take your call Monday-Friday – 8:00 AM-6:00 PM. Holiday hours may differ.
Tips for Contacting Income Support
• Please remember to have your personal details with you. This will include your National Insurance number, along with your full name, date of birth and details that may be pertinent to your claim, such as tenancy contracts, employment information and other income source details.
• If you have a claim, make sure you have all the information that you need to make that claim, before you ring the Income Support number.
Frequently Asked Questions
Am I eligible to make a claim?
You may be able to claim if you answer “yes” to ALL of the following:
• Are you between 16 and pension age?
• Do you work less than 16 hours per week and your partner works less than 24 hours per week?
• Do you live in England, Scotland or Wales?
• Are you a single parent with a child under 5 or a carer or pregnant?
• You have little or no income and less than £16000 in savings?
If you re unclear about these criteria, contact Income Support helpline and talk with an advisor about making a claim.
Do I need to notify Income Support if my circumstances change?
Yes, you need to call the Income Support telephone number immediately if any of the following apply to you:
• Your income has changed
• Your savings has changed
• Someone has moved into or out of your home
• You recently became employed
How do I get paid?
You will be paid via a bank transfer. There are two payments, a personal allowance payment and premiums.
As of 2016, here are the latest payment amounts: